Metabolic Syndrome is a condition affecting approximately 200 million adults worldwide. It is closely related with insulin resistance, a disorder in which the body cannot use insulin efficiently, and is also referred to as insulin resistance. We work closely with patients with Metabolic Syndrome to ensure proper Nutrition and Micronutrients. Medical Management includes starting of medications and titrating them as and when the patient condition improves.
Metabolic Syndrome is characterized by a cluster of risk factors, including:
- Centrally Located Obesity
- Elevated Blood Pressure
- Elevated Blood Sugar or Type 2 Diabetes
- Increased Insulin Resistance
- Elevated Levels of Fats in the Blood
- Low Levels of Protective (HDL) Cholesterol
- Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD)
Metabolic Syndrome increases the risk for having a heart attack by 4 to 20 times above that of people without these factors. Controlling the above risk factors with appropriate medications and weight loss are the primary treatments.